5 min read
Hi, I am Jonathan Hayashi. After graduating from University of Rochester with double degrees in Optical Engineering and Financial Economics, I worked in one of the top 3 investment banks in Japan, SMBC Nikko. Later on, I joined one of the largest VC firms in Japan, SBI, and took charge of growth stage investments in Blockchain, Fintech, and AI Sector. I joined Cornerstone Ventures in 2020.
- Japan’s new FSA chief Himino said he is to push CBDC (central bank digital currency). (Details) Four major banks in China are privately testing a mobile app of CBDC with payment and money transfer. (Details) Financial service group BCB partners with crypto company Circle to offer stable coin USDC as settlement tool to EU institutional investors. (Details)
- New York financial regulators greenlights 8 cryptocoins for listing and trading, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Binance USD, Pax Gold; it also approve 10 cryptocoins, adding Ripple’s XRP and Ethereum Classic, for custody. (Details) EU is tightening regulation on crypto, as Germany’s Bafin seized a crypto ATM operator Shitcoins Club (Details), and Ireland is to pass more stringent laws to tackle money laundry and crypto. (Details)
- Disappointed by Russia’s central bank blockchain Masterchain, Russia’s biggest consumer bank Sberbank is launching a blockchain built on Hyperledger Fabric and will issue its own stable coin. (Details) Russia’s rail network is considering to adopt blockchain for managing container trains and cargo spaces. (Details) Coca-cola is to bring Ethereum blockchain technology to its supply chain IT system. (Details)
- CoinDCX becomes the first India Exchange to offer passive income by holding cryptocurrency. (Details) The world’s largest digital currency asset manager Grayscale debuts a nationwide TV commercial on its crypto trust products in US. (Details) South Korea’s largest commercial bank KB Kookmin Bank announced to partner with crypto-focused venture capital Hashed and crypto exchange Cumberland Korea to offer bitcoin custody services. (Details) Facebook formed a new payment group called Facebook Financial, put co-creator of Libra David Marcus as the head of it, and put former Upwork CEO under him as vice president. (Details) Goldman Sachs is seriously considering issuing its own cryptocurrency. (Details)
- Ethereum Classic suffers two 51% attacks in one week losing $6M+ in value, and seems to have no ability to protect itself from exploits. (Details) Chainlink, a decentralized oracle network that provides real-world off-chain data to smart contracts on blockchain, sees its price double in the last 2 weeks and its trading volume surpassing Bitcoin, mostly driven by the booming DeFi. (Details)
The Future Is Unwritten.