5 min read
Hi, I am Jonathan Hayashi. After graduating from University of Rochester with double degrees in Optical Engineering and Financial Economics, I worked in one of the top 3 investment banks in Japan, SMBC Nikko. Later on, I joined one of the largest VC firms in Japan, SBI, and took charge of growth stage investments in Blockchain, Fintech, and AI Sector. I joined Cornerstone Ventures in 2020.
- Security-token platform tZero announced to support trading of ASPEN, a token issued by real estate firm Elevated Returns. (Details) Its competitor Tokensoft teams with Signature Bank to launch real estate security-token platform (Details), and partners with Hashport to provide security-token solutions in Japan. (Details) Securitize, the securitize-token platform backed by SBI, Nomura, Santrader, MUFG, Coinbase, Global Brain, etc, helps Japanese real estate developer Lead Real Estate to issue multi-million dollar of digital securities. (Details) As a latecomer, Watchdog Capital, a broker-dealer registered with SEC, is launching its security-token platform Gladius. (Details)
- US regulator OCC announced in a public letter that all nationally chartered banks in US can provide custody services for cryptocurrencies. (Details) This brings US’s regulation closer to Germany, which has passed a new legislation earlier this year to encourage both local and foreign banks to offer cryoto custody solutions. (Details) Yet, the digital asset brokers don’t expect banks to jump on this news as they will move slowly as usual. (Details)
- Soaring DeFi usage drives Ethereum contract calls and gas fee to new record high, with 3.1 million daily calls and $4 billion total value locked in DeFi. (Details) After years-long update, Ethereum 2.0 will finally be launched by end of this year. (Details) CoinDesk has published a 22-page report on everything you need to know about Ethereum 2.0. (Report)
- SIX Swiss Exchange lists world’s first actively managed bitcoin ETP (exchange-traded product). (Details) The world’s first crypto ETP was also listed on SIX in Nov 2018, and German’s XETRA also listed a bitcoin ETP back in June 2020.
- Japan’s major brokerage firm Tokai Tokyo is to list real estate backed security tokens on iSTOX, a digital security exchange under SGX. (Details) One of the largest banks in Japan, SMBC has announced to participate in Singapore based blockchain trade finance platform “Contour” and Switzerland based blockchain commodity-trading platform “Komgo”. (Details) The largest online broker in Japan, SBI, has announced to take 10% stake of Boostry, a security-token platform launched by Nomura, the largest broker in Japan. (Details)
The Future Is Unwritten.